Thursday, February 10, 2011

Welcome!



Baby Benton with big brother Colin.


I thought it to be nice to start my blog off with a birth and a blanket!  Benton came 6 weeks early, January 4, 2011, and to my surprise the same day I finished his wonderful blanket.


 Project info
Diamond and Smocked Cover
Beehive and Bairns Vol 2
Needle and yarn

US 6 - 4.0 mm
6 skeins = 700 yards
Limeade




I absolutely loved making this. It was a vintage pattern that I found in an old Beehive for Bairns Vol.2.  circa. 1940's.  I just adored bringing it back to life.


To be fair, when Colin was born I made him a blanket, too!




Baby Colin 2008

Project info
The Bunny Baby Blanket
by Barbara Breiter   click here for pattern (it's free)
Needle and yarn
US 9 - 5.5 mm
6.5 skeins = 734 yards
Powder Blue
To this day he still loves it!  Hooray!

1 comment: