Monday, February 21, 2011

Oh! Yarn, Yarn Everywhere

That's what my living room floor is saying right now.  This week started out a bit scary; a lovely trip to the hospital in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, but the week ended up being very fun.  


My third attendance to Stitches West was this weekend with the girls.  So much fun, even though my camera phone just didn't do it justice.  I crossed paths with this Russian designer, Galina Khmeleva of Skaska Designs, who did a gorgeous Orenburg-style knitted lace scarf with a Honeycomb (Sotki in Russian) pattern.  I fell in love. I just have to make it for someone special.


Anyway, after a few hours, several onion rings and a few skeins of yarn, I was exhausted.  Here are a few captured moments. 

Rick's Water Bottle

Erica's first Vendor using Square! Yea, Square!

::sigh:: yarn

Hilary being famous...cause she's a superstar knitter!

More Yarn


8.5 months and she's rockin' it!

Hilary, Erica, and Sophie and our yarn!

Each year is special and I always look forward to it.  Love! XOXOX

2 comments:

  1. Sunday was such a great time! Thanks for the great summary and photos, since I could only manage to take 2. 'Til next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stockinet stitch scarf pattern is one that is simple for even the most novice knitters to learn, and is a good transition pattern for those hoping to graduate from basic to more intermediate patterns. The finished scarves are quite attractive, billig mattvarp

    ReplyDelete