Saturday, May 10, 2014

Planes, trains and automobiles...

This spring has turned out to be super busy. A good friend of mine, Hilary, invited me a few months ago to attend The National NeedleArts Association trade show in Indianapolis, Indiana. Say that 3 times fast! So last Friday I flew out and joined Hilary for the weekend. I met so many wonderful designers (fiber), and shared some great stories.

I never really tried designing my own stuff, nor do I really know where to start, but after this weekend I'm sure going to try. I'm up for the challenge. Oh and when I came home Rick had surprise waiting for me. Basically, he converted an old door way into a chalk board in my craft room. He has minor details to finish up, and I'll post a photo.

And this week I'm headed to Boston by train for the HOW design conference. I've only spend a day in Boston, so I'm looking forward to a whole week. I'm a history buff, so I'll be in the right place.

Knitting wise, I've got project lined up. I just finished these beautiful mittens by Pepperberry Knits. I'll post when they are finished blocking. I also have a few baby things started. Another baby boom is happening.

Anyway... Here are a few photos from TNNA.

Hilary, @yarniad, working her magic.



Starshower by Hilary

goodies, booze and knitting

State Capital


My creation. I'd wear it.

All the goodies from the weekend.

And you can check out more awesomeness here: http://instagram.com/xilary

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO MUCH for coming, Brenda. It was so great to see you, and I couldn't have done without your help! Have fun in Boston!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete